This Data Privacy Notice sets out how Mvumi School Trust (Registered Charity No.1075112) uses and protects any information that you give Mvumi School Trust when you use this website.
Mvumi School Trust is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Data Privacy Notice.
Mvumi School Trust may update the Data Privacy Notice as required. We suggest you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Data Privacy Notice was updated May 3 2018.
Data Privacy Notice
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Mvumi School Trust is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Mvumi School Trust complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the present students and leavers of DCT Mvumi Secondary School as specified in our constitution;
- To administer records of volunteers, donors and well-wishers;
- To fundraise and promote the charitable work of Mvumi School trust
- To manage our staff and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services of Mvumi School Trust
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- We are legally obliged to retain Gift Aid documentation for 6 years from the last donation.
- We rely upon your explicit consent so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about diocesan events.
- Some processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations under employment, social security or social protection law.
- Processing is carried out by Mvumi School Trust as a not-for-profit body with an educational aim provided: -
- the processing relates only to donors and well-wishers (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with trustees and accredited Trust Representatives in order to carry out our charitable purposes. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data ?
We keep data for purposes of communication news about Mvumi, news about your sponsored students, if you have one, and seeking funding for this charity and for sponsorship of Mvumi students or leavers.
Specifically, gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Mvumi School Trust holds
- The right to request that Mvumi School Trust corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Mvumi School trust to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time subject only to processing required by law.
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact:
The Trustees of Mvumi School Trust
PO Box 4086
Nr. Slough Berks SL2 0DR
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please see our Cookie Statement.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.